Pages

Monday, November 7, 2016

The Time is comin near...

Hey y'all, 

    Before you start, I should warn you.. my emails are gonna start to get pretty long.. so just a warning.. :) 

    Wow, what a hard week... So Tuesday was my last zone conference...Lets just say I am pretty sure I have cried more this week than my whole life combined...  I was asked to bear my testimony along with the other 3 sisters in my zone that are going home. And of course who went first? ME... so I started out fine.. then I looked over to the table where the other 3 were sitting and they were ALL in tears... so I look at my companion and she is in tears... so I turn and I see President and Sister Pratt... they are both in tears... I just couldn't hold it together. so I ended up totally turning away from everyone and basically stared at the elders on the other side of the room cause I had no idea who they were. Its kinda really crazy right now to think that life as i know it is going to be dramatically changed in a few short weeks. As I have been pondering on all of the many things a mission teaches you i have come to recognize the most important thing i have gained. I can tell you that I know without a doubt in my mind that The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the most important thing that we can have in our life. I have a firm testimony that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the most correct church on the earth today. 

     I've been so blessed and feel so grateful for everything I've experienced, for the people I've met and for the time I've had to serve my Savior, Jesus Christ. As His representative, I've felt His love for those I meet, and I feel honored and privileged to have spent the last 18 months in His service. I know that God loves us and that He knows all. I know that His timing is perfect and that as we obey His commandments and pray and search for Him in our lives, He will give us answers and assurance through the trials we go through. I am so grateful for a Savior and Redeemer who has suffered all things that we go through in life, so we can be relieved and redeemed from the pains and burdens we all carry. I know that He has always chosen prophets to speak to us and that Joseph Smith was truly a prophet of God called to restore His church and complete gospel to the earth. I am grateful for a living prophet on the earth today and I know that Thomas S. Monson is God's chosen prophet. He speaks the words that God would have us hear. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I love it and know it has brought me closer to my Savior as I've read it. I know families can be together forever and that we can return to live with God after this life, if we have faith in Jesus Christ, repent continually and receive the ordinances of salvation. I love, love, LOVE what I've learned and experienced on my mission.

      If I hadn't served a mission, I would in reality not be emailing you all right now. That is pretty obvious.. but the impact of that sentence weighs more than it appears. I would not have had the experiences that have made me into the person I am today. Every day, I have been put into uncomfortable and inconvenient situations. I've met hundreds, maybe even thousands of people in the last 18 months. I've prayed and fasted over my own challenges but also of those whom I have come to love and adore. I have lost myself in the labor of helping others find the truth and turn to the Lord for help. By doing that, it has opened my heart to loving and caring for people I would have never even thought I would have even talked to before my mission. I can only remember glimpses of the person I used to be before the mission. I don't want to slide back to what I once was. I used to let my weaknesses define me instead of trying to overcome them and refine my character and nature to one who follows Jesus Christ. There is oh so much more work to be done in overcoming my fears and insecurities, but from serving a mission I've learned who to turn to in overcoming fear and discomfort. The Savior has become my greatest friend and relief. He overcame all, and through relying on His grace and mercy, we can come unto Him and be saved.


    Each area I've served in and each companion I've served with, have all taught me so many things. I've learned many lessons from their examples, friendship, and the experiences we have been through together! Many of my companions have taught me to be myself, and to become the best person I can, through relying on the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I've found some of my dearest friends out here; recent converts and ward members that have become family and companions that have become my sisters. I'm so grateful for each one of them and the eternal impact they've had on my life. I can't even imagine not meeting and loving each one of them! I've been changed for the better and I know that I was sent to the Canada Halifax Mission by a loving Heavenly Father who knew exactly what I needed and who I needed in these last 18 months. The timing of when I've been transferred has been exactly what was intended by the Lord because of the spiritual experiences I've had following the changes that have occurred on my mission! I've learned to have faith and expect miracles to happen when I am diligent and obedient and trust in the Lord. The power of prayer has become my go-to in every situation. I've learned to have hope, to love and have charity; the pure love of Christ, and to be diligent and exactly obedient in the work of the Lord. I've learned the impact of having a humble and teachable heart and the importance of heeding the counsel of my leaders and ultimately, the Leader. I have learned that gaining knowledge and having virtuous thoughts, words and actions can give us so much peace and happiness. Through many, many experiences I've recognized I've become more and more patient as the Lord has been ever so patient with me. I know that my Savior and Heavenly Father live and they love us more than we can comprehend. I have an undying passion for the Book of Mormon and I know that it is the word of God and that I've gotten closest to my Savior as I've read it and applied its teachings in my life. I know that this is the restored Church of Jesus Christ. I'm so, so, SO sad to be ending this mission of mine. My life has been saved because of it and I'm eternally grateful to all who have played a part in it! I'm forever changed, and I am so indescribably grateful to a loving Father who knows all.

    I love you all sooo fricken much! I am grateful for all of the support and encouragement that you have ALL given me! These next few weeks are going to be so hard but soo worth it! 

Love Sister Hardy 





1 comment:

  1. Wow that was some email! It is amazing to see the difference between the girl who started and the woman who is going home. I know the Spirit guides you and pray it keeps you safe.

    ReplyDelete