Pages

Monday, July 13, 2015

Transfer Week!!

  It's Transfer week!! I am excited to say that I will be staying in Greenwood for another 6 weeks with Sister Lund! I love this area with all my heart, especially the members of the branch! They are sooo amazing and supportive! This past week has been great! We had exchanges, I stayed here in greenwood with Sister Pierce, one of the Sister Training Leaders, and learned soooo much!! I love being able to learn from different people! 
      This week I have been studying alot on Faith, in Alma 32:21 it states... " And now I said concerning faith-faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true." Thinking about this scripture ALL you have to do is hope in those things which you can not see but you believe is true. Have faith that the lord has put the things in your life or given you the trials you are facing for a reason. Ways we can strengthen our Faith is by, expressing our gratitude for everything small and big! Keep the commandments, Be OBEDIENT.... this has been a tricky one more me.... well kinda sorta.... crawling my butt out of bed at 6:30 was one of the hardest things.... cause we are three hours ahead of home... so it was hard and still is 6 weeks into it... Scripture Study is a huge faith builder! Study them Everyday!! Before I came out here I was horrible about reading my scriptures and saying my morning and evening prayers.. I can not express how important these things are. They have made such a huge impact on my life the past 8 weeks well 6 cause the mtc doesn't really count. But make the time for them, put the armour of god on in the morning by reading and praying before you go out into the world that we live in today. 
       Yesterday in sacrament meeting I was reading through a hymn. As Zions Youth in Latter-Days 
  1. 1. As Zion's youth in latter days,
    We stand with valiant heart,
    With promise shining in our eyes,
    Resolved to do our part.
    Upon a noble past we build;
    The future fills our view.
    We face the challenge of our day
    And pledge we will be true.
  2. 2. The truths and values we embrace
    Are mocked on ev'ry hand.
    Yet as we listen and obey
    We know we can withstand
    The evils that would weaken us,
    The sin that would destroy.
    With faith, we hold the iron rod
    And find in this our joy.
  3. 3. Thru test and trial we'll have our fears,
    But we will not despair.
    We're here to serve a righteous cause;
    Truth gives us strength to dare.
    We'll love, and learn, and overcome;
    We'll sing a joyful song,
    As Zion's youth in latter days,
    Triumphant, pure, and strong.
This is such an important song especially in our day today where the beliefs of others are changing. Do NOT be afraid to stand up for what you believe.

    So funny story..... Yesterday while we were out knocking we walked by this house and I looked at the windows and there wasnt anyone standing there and we turned to walk up the drive way when a man appeared with his face pressed against the window and then ran after the door..... as sister gochnour would say i have never seen you so white in the face or jump as high as you just did.... I was freaked out... so we decided we were going to stay atleast 15 feet away from him.... he opened the door and said come in.... so of course we will NOT go in. so we said we dont have time right now we could come back later though.... To say the least we will NOT be going back.... My heart beat was not normal after that until atleast last night before bed.... 

" In those moment when the light of your faith has dimmed, let your hope for the Savior's love and grace, found in His gospel and His Church, overcome your doubt. I promise that he stands ready to receive you. Overtime you will come to see that you have made the best choice you could possibly have made. Your courageous decision to believe in Him will bless you immeasurably and forever." 
         - Elder L. Whitney Clayton  
  
I hope you all have a great week! I love and miss you all! 
 If you would like to write me my address is 
1833 Torbrook Rd Apt #2 Wilmot, NS B0P 1WO


~Sister McKenzie Hardy 


No comments:

Post a Comment