Pages

Monday, July 20, 2015

TWO MONTH MARK

TWO MONTH MARK!!!!
    Wow how has time flown! I cant believe that two months ago to the day I was giving my last hugs and kisses to my sisters well and parents I guess for the next 18 months! As i was flipping through the hymn book yesterday at church I opened to Count your Blessings, which says....

        
1.When upon life's billows you are tempest-tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings; name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.
[Chorus]
Count your blessings;
Name them one by one.
Count your blessings;
See what God hath done.
Count your blessings;
Name them one by one.
Count your many blessings;
See what God hath done.
2. Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings; ev'ry doubt will fly,
And you will be singing as the days go by.
3. When you look at others with their lands and gold,
Think that Christ has promised you his wealth untold.
Count your many blessings; money cannot buy
Your reward in heaven nor your home on high.
4. So amid the conflict, whether great or small,
Do not be discouraged; God is over all.
Count your many blessings; angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journey's end.
I have never realized how many blessing the lord bestows upon us if we are willing to accept them and have the patience to wait for those blessings. Patience is one thing I have really been focusing on... I am by far the most impatient person on the planet.... So as I have been studying it, I have found out that missionary work is all about patience.... lucky me.. so hopefully I will be able to master patience in the next 16 months... Doubt it... But its worth a try! Tying patience in with my last email about faith. President Pratts weekly email was about patience and he said "Patience is to Faith as rain is to a river. Without Patience our Faith is shallow." He proceeds to give examples of patience throughout the scriptures, and quotes from general authorities. One of my favorite quotes he shared was from President Uchtdorf, He taught that patience is not indolence: "....Patience is not passive..... Patience means to abide." 
I hope you all have a great week!! I am so happy that I have the opportunity to be here in Canada to share my testimony with those around me. Not only am I hear to help bring those unto Christ and to strengthen others testimonies around me, I am here to strengthen my testimony by doing the lords work! I LOVE you all!   
Love, 
   Sister Hardy <3       
P.S I tried lobster this past week..... It was ok..... I liked dissecting it better than eating it :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment