Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Do you wanna build a snowman?!

 IT SNOWED YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!! 

       Over the past week I have been pondering on what I wanted to share in my email today. Thursday night as I was laying wide awake in my bed at 1 am the thought popped into my head, many people that are reading your emails, probably don't even know what a mission is. So for those of you that don't know or need a reminder of what missionaries do, this email is for you. 
     In the dictionary it refers to a mission as "A group of persons sent by a religious body to spread the "religion"". There is a poem that I came across that illustrates what a mission really is.

A mission is a strange experience
It is a trial and a test
A mission throws at you the worst
Yet teaches you the best

I've never been so happy
I've never been so depressed
I've never felt so forsaken
I've never been so blessed

I've never been so confused
Things have never been so clear
I've never felt my Heavenly Father so distant
He's never been so near

I've never been so discouraged
I've never been so full of hope
I feel I could go forever
I think I've come to the end of my rope

I've never had it quite so easy
I've never had it so tough
Things have never been so smooth
Things have never been so rough

I've never travelled more valleys
I've never ascended so many peaks
I've never met so many nice people
I've never met so many freaks

I've never had so many ups
I've never had so many downs
I've never worn so many smiles
I've never worn so many frowns

I've never been so lonely
I've never had so many friends
Boy, I hope this is over soon
Gosh, I hope this never ends.

Being on a mission has been one of the greatest blessing of my life! I am running out of time but will continue my email next week!! I Love and Miss you all!!! I hope you have a fantastic week!!

P.S. just so everyone knows there IS glass in glow sticks.... and if you break them open it will cut you... 

LOVE SISTER MCKENZIE HARDY 


This was our adventure on Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment