Pages

Monday, August 10, 2015

ENGLISH VERSION OF MY EMAIL....someone was a little confused(mom) with it being in frech...

Good Morning!!! What a week.... nothing exciting like last weeks incident happened..... but it was still a great week!!  

This past week I have been studying Light. I found an amazing talk called The world needs to see and feel your light, by Chad W. Lewis. It talks about sports :) Church talks and sports what could be better? :) well back on topic i guess, this talk is talking about how We need to let our LIGHT shine among EVERYONE. In the talk it gives an example of a football player who played for BYU and got drafted to the Philadelphia Eagles. He stated in his talk..."I arrived at the Eagles facility and was the first player in the tight-end meeting room waiting for my coach to arrive. A tall man walked by the doorway and saw me out of the corner of his eye. After passing a few steps, he popped back and stood in the doorway, looking at me with a big grin on his face. He had a wad of chewing tobacco in his lower lip. With a twinkle in his eye he said, “Hey, Utah!”
“Yeah?” I responded.
“Are you a Mormon?”
“Yeah, I’m a Mormon.”
“Are you a good Mormon?”
“I don’t know; I try to be.”
“Do you drink?”
“No.”
“Do you smoke?”
“No.”
“Yeah, you’re a good Mormon!”
He later found out that the man that had walked by was Emmitt Thomas, the Eagles’ defensive coordinator and legendary defensive back for the Kansas City Chiefs. 

As he goes on in his talk He talks about how you can be The Light of Christ by the small actions that you do. Going on he talks about Emmitt again, about how he had been inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame and when he gave his acceptance speech he talked about Gods Gifts he gives us, He says " Our talent is God’s gift to us. How we use that talent is our gift to him. My sincere hope and prayer is that God finds my gift back to him a worthy one. May God bless you, keep you and continue the good fight of faith."

My favorite primary song talks about letting your LIGHT shine among all of those around you. 

Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam

  1. 1. Jesus wants me for a sunbeam,
    To shine for him each day;
    In ev'ry way try to please him,
    At home, at school, at play.
  2. 2. Jesus wants me to be loving
    And kind to all I see,
    Showing how pleasant and happy
    His little one can be.
  3. Chorus
    A sunbeam, a sunbeam,
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.
    A sunbeam, a sunbeam,
    I'll be a sunbeam for him.

  4. How can you let your LIGHT shine for those around you to see it? I love you all!!! And hope you have a fantastic week! LOVE SISTER HARDY, P.S. dont forget you can write me, 1833 Torbrook rd. wilmot, ns
  5.  
  6.  

No comments:

Post a Comment